Whole House Fan Installation
Whole House Fans are fairly easy to install. Most of them install in your attic and require limited electrical knowledge.
1) The first step is to identify your attic vents. These allow air to flow from the attic to the outside. Add up the total area of all vents. You need about 1 square foot of vent area per 1500 CFM of whole house fan size.
Above is a typical mounting of a QuietCool QC1500 system.
2) Figure out how the fan will be mounted. Many whole house fans are mounted hanging from rafters.
3) Cut holes in the drywall ceiling in locations either in halls or bedrooms.
4) Set up the AC power input. The easiest installation is using an RF remote control.
6) Finish the installation and test the fan. The best test is to close all windows (don’t forget your fireplace – larger systems will blow ashes all over if you are not careful. )